Dr. Adarsh Patel is versatile neurosurgeon with wide experience of handling various brain and spine related problems. He is providing various surgeries i.e. all type of craniotomy for brain tumors, burr hole surgeries, endoscopic surgeries for pituitary adenoma and other skullbase lesion, shunt surgeries, aneurysm clippings, spine surgeries etc.
Selected spine surgeries are done under Ayushman Bharat Yojana. Know More
Brain and Spine Tumors
Brain tumors are one of the most common cancers in the Paediatric as well as in adult patients. It present with simple headache to, in worst case, with loss of consciousness, paralysis, vision loss etc. Proper diagnosis and multidisciplinary management is very important for good result. Dr. Adarsh Patel has special interest in Neurooncosurgery. He has wide experience of both conventional as well as microneurosurgery for all brain and spine tumors.
Head injury is leading cause of death in road traffic accidents. Urgent treatment is critical for successful management of head injury. We are providing surgeries for traumatic haemorrhage like extradural hematoma, acute subdural hematoma, contusions, depressed skull bone fracture, CSF rhinorrhea repair etc.
Vascular diseases are nightmare for both the patients and surgeons. Vascular disease like aneurysms, AVMs, cavernomas, moya-moya disease etc. causes great morbidity and mortality to the patients. It requires deep knowledge, dedicated and delicate management for positive results. We are offering different surgeries like aneurysm clipping, AVM/Cavernomas excision and endovascular management like coiling, stenting, embolization etc.
Spine is a main support of the body. Spine injuries are common and their economic and social implications are a problem of great magnitude. Spine injuries like cervical/ dorsal/ lumber fracture, listhesis, acute spinal shock present with mild to severe pain, quadriparesis/quadriplegia, paraparesis/ paraplegia. We are providing both medical and surgical management for all kind of spine injuries with very good result.
CV Junction Disorder, Lumber/Cervical Disc Diseases
Healthy spine make our day to day activity very easy but spine problem like lumber/ cervical disc disease causes pain which may restrict our routine activity. Avoidance of such symptoms may lead to acute development of paralysis, urinary incontinence/retention and stool incontinence/constipation. Early diagnosis and management not only stops further progression but also lead to full recovery. We are doing spine surgeries like cervical corpectomy, cervical discectomy and fusion, cervical lateral mass fixation, lumber discectomy with fusion and fixation, minimal invasive spine surgery etc.
Paediatric Spine Problems
Generally Paediatric spine problems are congenital and associated with other disease like hydrocephalus etc. It causes great worry to the parents. Paediatric spine problems includes meningocele, meningomyelocele, tethered cord syndrome, lipomeningomyelocele etc. We are performing surgeries like meningomyelocele repair and excision, lipomeningomyelocele excision and repair etc.
Minimal Invasive Brain and Spine Surgery
Minimal invasive brain and spine surgeries are newer advances for the treatment of certain brain and spine problems like pituitary adenoma, clival chordoma, trigeminal neuralgia, hydrocephalus, lumber disc disease etc. Dr. Adarsh Patel is specially trained for minimal invasive surgeries at Bombay hospital, Mumbai. We are doing minimal invasive surgeries like endoscopic transnasal surgeries for pituitary adenoma, clival chordoma and other skull base lesion, endoscopic third ventriculostomy (ETV) for hydrocephalus etc.
CSF disorders include hydrocephalus, normal pressure hydrocephalus, pseudotumor cerebri, CSF rhinorrhea etc. we are performing various CSF diversion procedures like ventriculo-peritoneal shunt, lumbo-peritoneal shunt, endoscopic third ventriculostomy, external ventricular drainage (EVD) etc.
Ayushman Bharat Yojana
We are performing brain and spine surgeries under Ayushman bharat card.
We care for following disorders
- Brain Tumors (meningiomas, gliomas, pituitary adenomas etc.)
- Brain haemorrhage/ brain stroke
- Chronic SDH
- Depressed skull bone fracture
- Growing skull bone fracture
- Hydrocephalus, Normal pressure hydrocephalus
- CSF rhinorrhea
- Arnold Chiari malformation
- Arachnoid cyst
- CNS tuberculosis
- CV junction disorder like Atlanto-axial dislocation (AAD)/instability, Basilar invagination( BI)
- Cervical/lumber disc disease
- Cervical/lumber listhesis
- Traumatic Cervical/dorsal/ lumber fracture
- Atraumatic spine fracture like pott’s spine/ tuberculosis(TB) of spine
- Spinal cord tumor
- Spinal epidermoid, arachnoid cyst
- Meningocele, meningomyelocele, lipomeningomyelocele
We are doing following surgeries
- All craniotomies for brain tumors
- Aneurysm clipping
- AVM excision
- Cavernomas excision
- Ventriculo - peritoneal shunt
- External ventricular drainage (EVD)
- Endoscopic transnasal surgeries for pituitary adenoma and other skullbase lesion
- Endoscopic third ventriculostomy (ETV)
- Encephalocele repair
- CSF rhinorrhea / CSF leak repair
- Surgeries for growing skull bone fracture
- Burr hole surgery
- Trigeminal neuralgia
- Cervical corpectomy with cage and plate fixation
- Cervical discectomy with fusion
- Cervical laminectomy with lateral mass fixation
- CV Junction surgeries
- Lumber discectomy with fusion and fixation
- Surgeries for spinal fracture
- Surgery for spinal tumor
- Minimal invasive spine surgery